This one is simple in the fact that it is literally 6 ingredients. Seriously. Just 6! I made it even easier by purchasing precooked and pre-shredded rotisserie chicken which I think I will always do from now on because I hate shredding chicken, especially when its straight from the carcass.
The length of time it takes to make this recipe, a little less simple. Because, holy cannoli…. potatoes take forever to cook! Why is that? This is definitely a “make ahead” meal, because it takes about so looong in the oven. Hmm…. I wonder how much faster this would be in the Instant Pot!?! I might have to try that next. Has anyone made baked potatoes in the IP? If yes, drop a comment… I would love to hear how they turned out and how long they take!
BBQ Chicken Twice Baked Potatoes
3 large russet potatoes
12oz cooked shredded chicken
1 cup BBQ sauce, your choice
1 cup shredded cheese
Cooked bacon, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350
- Poke potatoes multiple times with a fork then bake for 90 minutes
- Remove from onion, cut in half and let cool for a few minutes
- Scoop out the inside of the potato and set aside in a large mixing bowl
- Add the shredded chicken to the mixing bowl with potato filling
- Add 1 cup of BBQ sauce (or more… I didn’t want my potatoes to be “wet”, so I went light on the sauce) and mix together.
- Fill each of the scooped out potatoes with the bbq chicken mixture
- Put back in the oven for 45 minutes
- Remove from oven and top with cheese, place back in the oven for 10 minutes until cheese is melted and gooey.
- Remove from oven, top with bacon and sour cream and ENJOY!