Maybe I should rename this blog to A Simple Breakfast because here is another morning delight. This quesadilla recipe is again, so easy it barely deserves a recipe but I will share one anyway!
For this morning’s quesadillas, I used all the leftovers! There is nothing better than cleaning the fridge to make a delicious breakfast. Today it was leftover bacon, pico and scrambled eggs.
I made enough for 4 quesadillas so we have leftovers for breakfast this week! I made these two ways – two were made in the oven, because I am lazy. The other two were made on the stove top. I included the details for both below so you can pick your method! Personally…. I will make these in the oven only from now on! They were SO much easier. I am all about a place and wait recipe. The crispiness level on the oven baked quesadillas was about the same as the stove top quesadillas, but they were much easier to flip! Nothing worse than a quesadilla falling apart in your pan! Two things I am not good at in the kitchen: hardboiled eggs (which has no relevance here, but its the truth #ownit) and flipping things like quesadillas or omelets (omelets always become scrambled eggs).
Speaking of this week… is anyone else totally crazed, and ready for a normal week? Seriously. When Christmas and New Years falls in the middle of the week, it feels like it screws up my whole MONTH! I keep thinking Tuesday is Saturday and Wednesday is Sunday and I cannot get myself straight! I am very much looking forward to a normal work week next week. CANNOT WAIT! Holidays and vacations are nice, but I am ready to get back into the swing of things.
Luckily, tomorrow at 8:00am when I regret wishing the holidays are over, I will have a delicious breakfast pf quesadillas to jump start the day!
Leftover Breakfast Quesadillas Two Ways
8 medium sized flour tortillas
8 eggs scrambled
1/2lb bacon, crumbled
1 cup shredded cheese
Pico de gallo
½ avocado, diced
For stovetop quesadillas
- Heat a skillet pan over medium heat, spray with olive oil.
- Place a tortilla on the plan then spread some shredded cheese over the tortilla.
- Top the cheese with scrambled eggs, crumbled bacon and pico de gallo, then a little more cheese (to help the tortilla stick together during the “flip” phase.
- When the cheese starts to melt, place another tortilla of roughly the same size on top.
- Let cook for about 4-5 minutes, then push down the sides of the tortilla so the melted cheese sticks to the fresh tortilla. Very carefully flip the quesadilla.
- Cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan, cut into four delicious pieces.
- Top with more pico de gallo and some cut up avocado, or whatever else your lovely heart desires!
Oven baked quesadilla
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease a large baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- Place two tortillas on the pan. Top with cheese, scrambled eggs, crumbled bacon and pico de gallo. Place another tortilla on top.
- Place a slightly smaller baking sheet on top of the quesadillas, then place an oven safe dish or pan on top. This adds some pressure so the quesadillas stick together.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove the pan(s) from the oven, remove the baking dish and baking sheet and carefully flip the quesadillas.
- Place the baking sheet and dish back onto the quesadillas and pop back into the oven for 7-10 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cut into 4. Top with pico de gallo and avocado, or anything else your lovely heart desires!