Every Sunday I make potatoes, eggs and bacon for the boys. Every. Sunday. How boring is that? I couldn’t stomach another Sunday of over easy eggs, roasted potatoes and bacon so I decided we needed to liven it up and give it a fresh new flavor.
This was so easy, that it really doesn’t deserve a recipe but I wanted to share in case you are looking for a flavor explosion for your Sunday mornings!
This one is definitely being put on repeat…
Avocado and Pico Breakfast Platter
½ green pepper, diced small
½ white onion, diced small
2lbs russet potatoes, diced small
1lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup fresh pico de gallo
1 avocado, diced
1 cup of shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350
- In a large baking dish combine pepper, onion and potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and season with paprika, salt and garlic pepper (I used about 1 tsp of each, but season to your taste!) and mix well.
- Bake potatoes, peppers and onions for about 45-50 minutes.** I dice the potatoes very small so they cook fast, and get nice and crispy.
- Cook the bacon using your preferred method. I line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then line the bacon in three rows and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Less grease splatter to burn my arm!
- Once cooked, crumble the bacon.
- Crack desired number of eggs into a medium frying pan over low-medium heat. Cook egg on each side for about 4 minutes until whites turn solid. Cook longer if you don’t love runny yolk.
- Take a scoop of the potato, pepper and onions and plate. Top with crumbled bacon, fried eggs, pico de gallo, a sprinkle of shredded cheese and avocado.