I’m back, bitches! It’s been almost TWO YEARS since I last shared a yummy, mostly healthy recipe here on the blog. I can’t believe it!
Some “life” stuff came up, and I forgot to renew my membership and someone else STOLE my domain name. I could sweat it, and be upset but I think I will look at it as a fresh new start.
Welcome to A Simple Dish!
What you’ll find here is simple, easy healthy recipes that are great for meal prep or a weeknight dinner, like these 4 ingredient buffalo chicken stuffed peppers!
Ok, its technically more than 4 ingredients – but sauces and spices don’t count. Right?
I’m in a weight loss challenge at work with some coworkers. My boss LOVES to make fun of me because I cannot handle spicy foods. Seriously, black pepper is usually too spicy for me. We were out to lunch the other day and I ordered a buffalo chicken salad and she just couldn’t wrap her head around it. You guys know about the buffalo chicken loophole…. right? The combination of buffalo sauce w/ blue cheese makes the buffalo sauce edible. C’mon… don’t tell me you have never heard of that!
Oh well, I will just keep spitting out pepper because its too hot, while I enjoy my buffalo chicken stuffed peppers – DOUSED in blue cheese dressing, of course.
This one is for you, Lindsey!
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
1 Rotisserie Chicken
4 Bell Peppers
½ Red Onion
¼ cup Frank’s Red Hot
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Garlic Powder
½ cup mozzarella
Blue cheese dressing
- Preheat oven to 400°. While the oven is preheating, shred your rotisserie chicken
- In a large bowl mix chicken, buffalo sauce, spices and red onion.
- Chop the tops off your peppers. If you’re feeling really healthy, you can chop the tops and add chopped bell pepper to the chicken mixture.
- Stuff the peppers with the chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Optional: add a little more Frank’s Red Hot & a sprinkle of blue cheese crumbles, and slather on the blue cheese dressing!