It’s here! It’s here!
It’s not just beginning to feel like fall. ITS FULL BLOWN FALL! The leaves are changing color. The smell of cold is in the air. And it is official sweater and boots weather. And nothing is better than wearing your sweater and boots while eating a big giant warm bowl of soup that’s been simmering all afternoon. Am I right?
This gluten free corn chowder screams fall and makes my taste buds do a big ol’ happy dance. I hope it does the same for you!
Chicken and Corn Chowder
What You Need
2 chicken breast, diced into small pieces
½ sweet onion, diced
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced carrots
2 cups diced fingerling, red or Yukon potatoes
2 ½ cups frozen corn
1/3 cup bacon, diced into small pieces
48oz organic chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
2 tbs arrowroot (or gluten free flour)
2 tbs water
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp celery seed
1 tbs chipotle adobo sauce
What To Do
- In a large pot, Cook diced chicken in a tbs of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Once cooked through, set aside.
- Reduce heat. In the same pot, add bacon pieces and cook until they reach your desired level of doneness. When bacon is about half cooked, add onions.
- Add potatoes, celery, carrots and all seasonings as well as 32oz chicken broth. Increase heat and let the pot come to a boil. Let boil for about 10 minutes until vegetables soften. You should be able to easily pierce your potato with a fork.
- Add the corn and toss cooked chicken back in. Turn heat down to a simmer. Add heavy cream and let simmer about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl or cup, mix 2 tbs flour with 2 tbs water and mix to create a paste then pour into the soup. Stir while the soup thickens. Let simmer for as long as you can stand before you just HAVE to get yourself a bowl!
- Then, leave a comment below and tell me what you thought!
Thank you for reading and eating! ❤